I'd really appreciate it if someone could answer any of the following questions:
1. How can I tell if I have a blown gasket for sure? If it's not a blown head gasket, what else could it be?
2. Should I drive it to the mechanic, or have it towed? I don't want to risk additional engine damage if that is a possibility.
3. Should I use the same mechanic who replaced the head gasket five years ago? I'm concerned that he might be using poor installation methods that led to the current failure.
4. Would it offend the mechanic if I inquired about his installation methods?
I've read several installation issures at http://www.aa1car.com/library/gasket_failure.htm
5. The car has about 120,000 miles on it. Would I be better off with an engine replacement?
BTW- The engine is a V6 3.8L.
have the same problem?
Sunday, March 4th, 2007 AT 5:42 PM