2001 FERRARI MODENA WHITE SMOKE ON STARTING

• Bobbrud
  • 2001 FERRARI MODENA

2001 Ferrari Modena V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 20700 miles

The car was in the garage for 10 days. It is cool her about 48 degrees and dry (Las Vegas). I just started the car and was greeted with pungent white smoke from both exhausts. It has never done that. I shut her down immediately. Just curious what that could be. II may have hit the gas before turning the key. Could that have caused it? Is it something to worry about? Any thoughts? Thanks. Bob

Tuesday, January 20th, 2009 AT 8:46 PM

• Bluelightnin6

Hello
Thanks for the donation.

White smoke from the exhaust indicates coolant being burnt in the engine. If it was only smoking at start up then it was probably just condensation from sitting. Ensure that your coolant level is full and if it is, start it up again and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Watch for the smoke (or condensation) to decipate. If it goes away, you have nothing to worry about. If it continues to smoke then you will need to have your engine's cylinder head gasket and cylinder head tested for damage.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!

Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 AT 12:30 AM
  • Bobbrud

Thank you. Had it checked and all is ok. Just condensation from coldweather.

Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 AT 9:23 PM