Engine light, traction control light, rough idle

YANNICRISANTOS
  • 2010 CHEVROLET HHR
Been having issues with my car, "check engine light" turns on, cylinder one misfire, car kind of shaking at idle. Also, traction control lights randomly turns on saying service ESC and service traction in a message. When the traction control lights turns on my car shifts hard going to second gear (automatic transmission). Any help or suggestion will be helpful just need this car fix, ASAP.
Saturday, January 28th, 2017 AT 10:52 AM

SATURNTECH9
If you have a constant misfire see if you have spark on cylinder one if not bad coil pack. For the traction control light you will have to have it scanned for codes with a professional scan tool. Write down the exact code numbers not code descriptions. Let me know what they are.
+1
Saturday, January 28th, 2017 AT 9:56 PM
YANNICRISANTOS
The code is P0301 I switch my ignition coil around and deleted code and after a few minutes came back up, and now that I remember it started doing that right after I once pump flex fuel on my car.
Monday, January 30th, 2017 AT 4:42 PM
SATURNTECH9
Sounds like the fuel you got but that would cause miss fires on all the cylinders.
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 AT 7:33 AM
SATURNTECH9
When you switched the coil to another cylinder did the miss fire move to that cylinder?
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 AT 7:40 AM
YANNICRISANTOS
When I switched the coils around, the mis fire still on cylinder 1 and now that you mention it, I did get a random mire fire as well when it started with cylinder 1 but that went away after a week and forgot about it
+1
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 AT 4:47 PM
SATURNTECH9
So is it a constant Miss fire?
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 AT 8:44 PM
YANNICRISANTOS
I'ts been a constant mis fire on cylinder 1 the weird thing is that, when it's really cold outside it doesn't misfire the only thing I've noticed
Wednesday, February 1st, 2017 AT 7:27 PM
SATURNTECH9
Have you checked for a vacuum leak yet?
Wednesday, February 1st, 2017 AT 10:03 PM
YANNICRISANTOS
I have't found one, where else should I look? Or any took that can detect a leak
Thursday, February 2nd, 2017 AT 2:31 PM
SATURNTECH9
Inducing smoke in the Intake is the best way.
Thursday, February 2nd, 2017 AT 7:53 PM
YANNICRISANTOS
I did a compression test this morning and here are the results Cylinder 1 148 Cylinder 2 185 Cylinder 3 183 Cylinder 4 180
Saturday, February 11th, 2017 AT 5:29 AM
SATURNTECH9
I don't like cylinder 1 compression and that one is the one setting the code. If you swapped the coil spark plug and fuel injector and your getting a injector pulse to that injector. Then the only thing left is the compression/mechical issue.
Saturday, February 11th, 2017 AT 7:45 AM