Electric tailgate not working properly

PAUL KREMER
  • 2004 GMC ENVOY
Hi, cannot open gate with buttons and key, window goes down but not up, roof is not moving. Checked both locks, disconnect and connect again, when connect upper lock sound is coming, lower lock does not make sound. I connected lower lock on upper connector it makes sound, that means lower connector or wire has problem?
Tuesday, July 9th, 2019 AT 12:58 PM

SCGRANTURISMO

Yes it does. There is an open or high resistance somewhere in the circuit for the lower lock. In the diagrams down below I have included the wiring diagrams for the power locks as well as directions on how to find an open in an automotive electrical circuit. Please go through these guides and get back to us with what you are able to find out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Thursday, July 11th, 2019 AT 12:23 AM
PAUL KREMER
Car is showing me always: Tailgate - See Manual. To reset Tailgate? I tried but maybe I did not right? Can you tell me how reset tailgate, please? Thanks
Monday, January 20th, 2020 AT 2:25 PM
SCGRANTURISMO

I have included the information that you requested in the diagrams down below. PLease go through this guide and get back to us with how everything turns out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Monday, January 20th, 2020 AT 8:59 PM
PAUL KREMER
Hi Alex, when the car came from Canada to Germany and I came to pick it up battery was empty and tailgate window was down and roof oped. Guys helped me start the car. First I pushed overhead buttons to close roof and window, does not work. I tried with key cylinder, I closed roof and window but when I started car Window went down and since that stays down.
All parts are still same did not replaced.
I checked, cleaned and lubricated all contacts and latches.
Now the window goes down when I press the yellow button on the tailgate or I connect to the window motor but it never goes up.
I cannot relearn because the window stays always down, I can only push it up with my hands.
As I understand, empty battery has caused the problem.
Thanks for helping.
Friday, January 24th, 2020 AT 9:03 AM
SCGRANTURISMO
Hello again,

In the diagrams down below I have included the wiring diagram for your vehicle's endgate circuit, guides on how to find an open in an automotive circuit, and how to find unwanted resistance via the voltage drop method. You will need to be able to use a Digital Multi-meter [DMM] to go through these guides, so here is a link below explaining how to use one, if needed:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-voltmeter

Please go through these guides and get back to us with what you are able to find out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Friday, January 24th, 2020 AT 11:21 AM
PAUL KREMER
My DMM looks different?
Tuesday, January 28th, 2020 AT 9:39 AM
SCGRANTURISMO
Hello again,

That's okay. Most look like this, or a variation of that. Set the dial to DC volts, the one with a straight line on top with three dots underneath. Set it at the 20 setting and that will work for any voltage that you may need to measure.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Tuesday, January 28th, 2020 AT 8:18 PM

Sponsored links