Electrical Problems

DIONYSUS
  • 2004 PONTIAC AZTEK

Car will not start. When I turn the headlights on, the radio turns on as well. Not sure what the cause is. Battery seems to be ok, but in order to test it I would have to pull it out. My other question is, do I have to remove the fuse box and retaining bar to get the battery out?

Monday, April 22nd, 2013 AT 11:40 AM

Check battery condition and load test first. Then check fuses in fuse box like 34 I think it is it shold ebe marked. Check fusible link by battery as well. Not sue about fuse box coming out as it wouldnt' think it would but the bar will have to

Monday, April 22nd, 2013 AT 12:28 PM
DIONYSUS

Thanks. I'll check those. I took out the bolts from the front of the bar but it doesn't move over enough to give me enough space to remove the battery. The other end of the bar is under the fuse box and I can't visualize that end because the box is in the way. If I can't remove the bar, can I test the battery by using a volt meter to test the voltage, turn on the headlights for a load, and then see if the voltage drops dramatically?

Monday, April 22nd, 2013 AT 2:39 PM

Just check the voltage as it won't turn over if it is 12.4 volts or below replace the battery or try jumping it to start

Monday, April 22nd, 2013 AT 2:56 PM