You must have a dead short. First, disconnect the battery and then follow the positive wire to see if it has melted and is touching anything such as an exhaust manifold, or anything metal. Also, on the alternator is a larger wire that runs from the battery to the starter and then the alternator. Check it as well for any evidence of an issue.
Let me know. Also, if it was that hot, don't reconnect the battery until we determine what is happening. One last thought, if no fuses were blown, then the problem is before the fuse box or likely something with the main power supply from the battery to the starter and so on.
Let me know.
Wednesday, June 24th, 2020 AT 11:12 AM