Below are the instruction for the key on, engine off code reading.
NOTE: It may be necessary to service non-EEC-IV faults before running the quick test.
Continuous codes recorded in this step will be used for diagnosis in ADDRESSING CONTINUOUS MEMORY DTC after a pass code is received in both Key On Engine Off (KOEO) and Key On Engine Running (KOER) self-tests.
Deviation from this procedure may cause false codes to be output.
1. START engine and bring to normal operating temperature.
NOTE: If engine will not start or stalls after starting, proceed with the Key On Engine Off (KOEO) self test.
2. Turn the key OFF, then wait ten seconds.
Jumper Wire Installed Between Pin #2 And Self Test Input (STI)
imageOpen In New TabZoom/Print
3. ACTIVATE the self test by grounding the STI connector.
4. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
5. Record all codes received.
6. Turn the ignition key OFF and DEACTIVATE the self test.
7. If a pass code (11 or 111) is received for hard codes (11/111-10-any code), proceed with next step. See: Computers and Control Systems > Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes > Key ON Engine Running (KOER) Self-Test
8. If any hard codes are received, refer to the appropriate diagnostic trouble code chart for diagnostic path. See: A L L Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC ) > Manufacturer Code Charts > Trouble Code to Pinpoint Test Charts
Tuesday, August 20th, 2019 AT 3:26 PM