SUGGESTIONS FOR HEAD GASKET PROBLEMS 92 TSI AWD

1992 Eagle Talon

joshwitdatalon

March, 28, 2007 AT 1:15 AM

I have a 92 eagle talon. Its turboed and all wheel drive. It has a 2.0 straight four cylinder engine in it with about 1455,000 miles on it and I keep on losing all of my oil and I end up finding it on my drive way. From what I can tell from having it up on a lift, I beleive it is the head gasket that is blown. (I hear that talons are famous for blowing the head gaskets from alot of people.) But anyways I suppose I will have to replace the head gasket, but here is the part I dont get. From reading articles on the web and talking to other D.S.M. Owners they say that if I use just a regular head gasket again that I should be ready to redo it all in 30,000 miles or so, they all recomened using a copper head gasket and the copper gaskets all the way around the engine as well. Is goin with a copper head gasket the right solution to solve my problem for a more than average length of time? Or are talons famous for leaking the oil from anywhere else like the turbo that I could go and re check to make shure? Thak you very much for your helpful input!

kin chan

March, 28, 2007 AT 7:37 AM

Just kidding. Never heard of such things.U bellieve exactly these info over the web. Geeee.I wander if these people make a living working on cars only. OEM gasketis fine. Oil leak must be sure b4 pulling head.I haven't heard of or seen oil leak fr gasket on mitsubishi yet ( I work on cars for a living only). Msg me if u need more info.30K change head gasket. Thats a myth and fairy tales. Heh heh heh haw haw haw haw. Heeeeee hawwwww

Kayjeb

July, 21, 2007 AT 11:22 AM

Hi, I saw your question just after I posted mine, I'm going through the same problem, but wasn't told anything bout needed copper head gaskets. And so far I haven't found mine leaking anywhere else. (Non-turbo) hope this helps get a gauge on the prob, common yet a OEM part will likely be all it takes to get your leak stopped

kin chan

July, 21, 2007 AT 8:36 PM

U should apply to be a moderator here. Make more sense than a lot of mechanic I encounter in real life.

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230