Your vehicle is different. You have dual climate control, so you have two separate blend air actuators.
Since the passenger side is the issue, that is the actuator that needs replaced. Here are the directions specific to your vehicle for the right side blend air door actuator replacement.
2006 Jeep Truck Grand Cherokee 4WD V8-5.7L VIN 2
Dual Zone RH Side
Vehicle Heating and Air Conditioning Air Door Actuator / Motor Service and Repair Procedures Blend Door Actuator Dual Zone RH Side
DUAL ZONE RH SIDE
NOTE: The single zone heater - A/C system is equipped with a single blend door actuator. The dual zone system has two blend door actuators, one for the driver side blend - air door and one for the passenger side blend - air door.
WARNING: ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AIRBAGS, DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY STEERING WHEEL, STEERING COLUMN, OR INSTRUMENT PANEL COMPONENT DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. DISCONNECT AND ISOLATE THE NEGATIVE BATTERY (GROUND) CABLE, THEN WAIT TWO MINUTES FOR THE AIRBAG SYSTEM CAPACITOR TO DISCHARGE BEFORE PERFORMING FURTHER DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. THIS IS THE ONLY SURE WAY TO DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM. FAILURE TO TAKE THE PROPER PRECAUTIONS COULD RESULT IN ACCIDENTAL AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH. See: Air Bag(s) Arming and Disarming > Service and Repair
NOTE: LHD model shown. RHD model similar.
1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. See: Battery Cable > Service and Repair
2. On LHD models, remove the glove box from the instrument panel. See: Glove Compartment > Removal and Replacement
3. On RHD models, remove the instrument panel silencer from the driver side of the instrument panel.
4. Remove the three screws (1) that secure the blend door actuator (2) to the right side of the HVAC air distribution housing (3).
5. Remove the blend door actuator from the air distribution housing and disconnect the HVAC wire harness connector (4) from the actuator.
6. Remove the blend door actuator from the vehicle.
NOTE: LHD model shown in illustrations. RHD model similar.
1. Position the blend door actuator (1) into the vehicle.
2. Install the blend door actuator onto the right side of the HVAC air distribution housing (2). If necessary, rotate the actuator slightly to align the splines on the actuator output shaft (3) with those on the blend door cam (4).
3. Install the screws (1) that secure the blend door actuator (2) to the right side of the air distribution housing (3). Tighten the screws to 2 N.M (17 in. Lbs.).
4. Connect the HVAC wire harness connector (4) to the blend door actuator.
5. On LHD models, install the glove box into the instrument panel.
6. On RHD models, install the instrument panel silencer onto the driver side of the instrument panel.
7. Reconnect the negative battery cable.
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Friday, November 29th, 2019 AT 8:45 PM