Headlights are not working properly?

JQUINTANA12
  • 2014 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
So driver side low beam doesn’t work I replaced the bulb and still nothing, high beam fog light and parking lights work fine, also passenger side turn signal lights are on but do not blink when activated and I get a display saying right front turn indicator failure, I tried replacing those bulbs and still no change any ideas? Thanks in advance
Monday, January 13th, 2020 AT 7:44 PM

KEN

There are several fuses that run the lighting system we must check first. here is a guide to help us with the test and the fuse locations I have also included the light system wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Test the fuse with the key on. If all fuses are okay it sounds like the BCM has gone out here is how you replace it. Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
+1
Wednesday, January 15th, 2020 AT 11:39 AM
ROBERTNOONER
  • 2013 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Passenger side low beam went out. I replaced driver and passenger side low beam lights. Passenger side still will not come on.
Monday, July 27th, 2020 AT 5:29 PM (Merged)
Hi and thanks for using 2CarPros.Com.

The first thing I recommend checking is the fuse. On these vehicles, high beam, low beam, left, and right, have their own fuses. Since it is the passenger side, that is considered the right? I attached a picture of the fuse box under hood of your vehicle. I need you to check fuse number 16. That is for the passenger side low beam.

Here is a link which discusses fuses, how to check them, and what the different types look like:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-a-car-fuse-works

Here is a link which discusses how to check and replace one:

Picture 1 is the fuse box under hood specific to your vehicle. Look at the picture, locate number 16 and then locate it in the truck. Once you locate it, then you can check it.

Pictures 2, 3, and 4 are the legend for what each fuse does. You will see that each light and beam choice has its own fuse,

I hope this is helpful. If you find the fuse isn't bad and there is power to it, let me know.

Take care,

Also attached below are the wiring diagrams for your headlights
+1
WILBY94
  • 2012 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
The low beam on the drivers side of my truck are not working. I replaced the bulb and it still does not work. All other lights work (parking lights etc, ). Any thoughts on what the problem is?
CAR-MAN145
Fuse 16 in left side engine compartment fuse box powers the right side head light low beam. Here is a guide to help you check the fuse location and the headlight wiring diagrams to help you see how the system works:

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
SHARAI
Thank you, it was the fuse. I love this site.
+1
KW81
  • 2011 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My driver side low beam seems to be losing power to it. When it is not working, I can pop the hood and turn the pig tail connector one way or another and it will come back on. This happens all the time. Why is this happening?
The terminal is likely corroded. Sometimes simply unplugging the connector repeatedly will scratch a clean spot that will make good contact for a while. You can also remove the bulb, then sand its terminals with fine sandpaper. If you do that, it is important to not touch the glass with your fingers. The intense heat from the bulb will cause the fingerprint grease to burn through the glass and ruin the bulb. Hold the bulb with a clean, oil-free rag.

If the terminal in the plug is badly corroded, you can replace that entire plug, or you can visit the GM dealer's parts department. They should have replacement terminals.
+1
TOMCHEVY
  • 2010 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Low beam does not work neither does daytime running light. The high beams are both fine. All fuses are okay, but I have no power in the lite socket with bulb removed. Is there a body control module or something else that could be wrong? Where can I find it and how can I test or replace it? Any wiring diagram or solutions would be appreciated. Thanks, I am new to this site and hoping for some insight.
+1
KEN

It sounds like the BCM is out or fuse #12 under the hood is blown. Here is a guide to help you test for power at the fuse along with the fuse panel information and locations:

If the fuse is good then both headlight should work check out the headlight wiring diagrams to see how the system works and the BCM location.

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken
RUDY FLORES
  • 2008 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My high beams are not working. I checked the fuses. They did not light up, therefore I assumed they were burnt out. After removing them and inspecting them, they seemed fine. I then placed brand new fuses in just as a precautionary measure. Still no high beams. I am stuck I have no idea where to go from here. I have already checked the bulbs and they are fine. Can you please help me out?
Monday, July 27th, 2020 AT 5:31 PM (Merged)
KEN

It sounds like you have a fuse or a relay that is out. Here are some guides and diagrams to help us get the problem fixed.

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Please let us know what happens, we are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken
BUBBZYSHIZZAM27
  • 2007 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My passenger side headlight on my truck keeps going out. Several times when I go to change it out it starts working again. How can I fix this?
ASEMASTER6371
Good evening.

Check the connector at the back of the headlight. Check for the terminals being dirty, loose or damaged. It sounds like a bad connection.

+1
DONNERMAN28
  • CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Chevy, 2007 1500P/U, 130,000, V8. The headlights won't come on when the switch is turned. The daytime running lights seem to work fine. I have checked the fuses and they seem to be o.K. I have changed out the light switch but it did not help. I checked the voltage at the headlight plug and found approx. 9VDC. The lights themselves look o.K. And had good continuity. Can you help me please? I love this site!
JACK42

It looks like there is a low and high beam control relay in the system. If this relay does not work the low beams will not light up. Here is a guide to help you test the relay make sure the headlight switch is on.

Here is a guide to show you how to check for power at any given point.

Here is the headlight wiring diagram along withe the fuse panel location and identification.

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
+5
DONNERMAN28
I will check the relay tonight when I get home. I checked the fuses for the lights in the relay box under the hood which checks o.K. All of the interior lights work along with the dimmer.

I checked the voltage at each position on the connector itself. The connector has a total of 11 terminals with a group of 4 and a group of 7. Two of the group of 4 have black wires which I believe to be neg (-). With the connector oriented with the four terminals on the right I found 12 volts on the far right terminal above the grounds and on position 3 (going from right to left) on the 4 terminals in the group of 7. I also found 12 volts in the middle postion in the group of 3 of 7.

I also checked the voltage for at the bulb connector once again and found 9.4 volts when the running lights were on but zero volts when the switch was turned for headlights? I am stumped!
+1
JACK42
Power comes out of the switch and goes through the Daytime Running Lamp Module (behind left side of dash) be sure 12 volts is getting through that, then it goes through the dimmer switch (hi-low beam) check for 12 volts through that as well, get back to me.
+3
DONNERMAN28
I poked around the steering column looking for the terminal for the headlight dimmer switch and while poking I decided to try the relay test you have here and sure enough the lights started working when I replaced the relay! YA.

Needless to say I was puzzled before be now enlightened by 2Carpros

I figure there was a wire grounding out? I thought the wiring harness on the back of the switch assembly was a plug and when trying to pull it out a wire came loose? I didn't really tug on it I think it was loose in the connector and when the wheel was tilted it either.

Thanks guys!
+2
WHIGHTOWER
Thank you for the post it was the relay in my truck cost me $32.00 all good. I love this site
+1

Sponsored links