2003 DODGE STRATUS DOOR LOCK ISSUES

• lholmes999
  • 2003 Dodge Stratus

2003 Dodge Stratus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 65,000 miles

I need to find out what to do about the auto door locks on my car. I have had problems over the past couple of years that in the hot weather (I live in NM) the doors would not lock when I used my remote. They would, however, still lock if I used the inside switch. Recently, the doors have stopped locking all together. I can still manually lock them, but when I unlock the door to get out of the car, of course they all unlock again. They also do not lock anymore when I put the car in gear like they used to. I'm thinking that maybe it's just a fuse, but it is only affecting the doors locking so that doesn't completely make sense. And ideas?

Friday, October 8th, 2010 AT 1:32 PM

• M_H_RITZEL

Check the number 5 fuse is a 10 amp fuse that controls the body control module, the module is located on the junction block under the left side of the dash Check the wiring going to the box see if there is any loose connections.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/54223_power_door_lock_system_2.jpg

Saturday, October 9th, 2010 AT 12:21 PM
  • lholmes999

So, I replaced fuse #5 and checked for loose connections. This did not work. I also, since I was there, replaced fuses #4 and #9. This did not work either. The doors still only unlock with the switch. I did hear a " clicking" sound when I was trying to use the switch to lock the doors. I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from though. What next?

Sunday, October 10th, 2010 AT 5:51 PM
  • KHLow2008

It should not be a fuse problem.

The central locking system is working, but it only unlocks as the locking function has failed.

Possible causes are : 1. Door lock switches.
2. Body Control Module.
3. Lock relay.

Thursday, October 21st, 2010 AT 8:43 AM