NOT STARTING!!!

1996 Dodge Stratus

jenntyler89

September, 15, 2010 AT 1:51 PM

1996 Dodge Stratus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I took my 1996 dodge stratus out to go to the store and it stalled out on me, it will not start back up and I am not sure where to start with problems. The moter wont even turn over but the radio still works.

Wrenchtech

September, 15, 2010 AT 1:55 PM

The radio doesn't mean much. Are the headlamps real bright and do they remain bright as you try to start it. Does it make any sound at all when trying to start it?

jenntyler89

September, 15, 2010 AT 2:34 PM

I havent had a chance to check the head lamps. At work, but it makes a slight click when turned over and that is it.

jenntyler89

September, 22, 2010 AT 1:26 PM

The headlights do not change when I try to start it. It is a brand new battery.

Wrenchtech

September, 22, 2010 AT 1:34 PM

That means that there is a problem in the starter circuit somewhere. It could be anything from the ignition switch to the transmission range sensor, through the starter relay to the starter trigger. You can test the starter by applying power to the trigger terminal at the starter. Somebody with electrical knowledge is going to have to test the rest of the circuit.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right