1. Remove both inner fender splash shields. On AWD models, remove air cleaner cover, air hoses and vacuum pipe. On all models, remove air cleaner, intake hose, battery, battery tray and washer tank.
2. On Stealth SOHC, disconnect lower radiator hose and water inlet pipe "B". On all models, disconnect transaxle control cables and speedometer cable.
3. Remove clutch tube bracket and disconnect clutch release cylinder (including clutch damper assembly on FWD models) and wire aside. Support transaxle assembly with jack and disconnect transaxle mount. Remove mount, bracket, plug and stoppers.
4. Remove transaxle assembly upper coupling bolts. Disconnect tie rod ends and lower arm ball joints. Remove right support member, starter cover (if equipped) and starter.
5. Remove left side bearing bracket mounting bolts and pry left axle shaft from transaxle. Wire left axle shaft and inner shaft assembly aside. Pry right axle shaft from transaxle and wire aside.
6. Remove front bank side and rear bank side transaxle stays. Support transaxle assembly with a transmission jack. Remove transaxle assembly lower coupling bolts and lower transaxle from vehicle.
7. Insert a clutch pilot to prevent pressure plate and clutch disc from falling. Loosen pressure plate bolts diagonally to avoid warping pressure plate flange. Remove pressure plate and clutch disc.
Thursday, January 8th, 2009 AT 4:23 PM