The bolt size is 13mm. Here is a guide to help you see what you are in for when doing the job and diagrams to show you what it will be like for your truck:
1. If equipped, position aluminum spacer to rear of starter.
2. Position starter motor to engine.
3. Support starter and loosely install three mounting bolts.
4. Tighten 3 bolts to 43.4 Nm (32 ft. lbs.).
5. Position wiring eyelets to starter studs and install nuts. Tighten small nut to 6.2 Nm (55 in. lbs.). Tighten large nut to 13.6 Nm (120 in. lbs.).
6. Install protective rubber boot over stud.
7. Lower vehicle.
8. Connect battery cables to both batt
Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, September 1st, 2007 AT 9:55 AM