ERATIC IDLE HOW DO I FIX? 95 15 PICK UP

Dodge Ram

ezstrt

December, 4, 2006 AT 12:15 PM

When I start the truck sometime sounds like alot of compression and then sometimes sounds like regular cars do then the other problem is when I start the truck the idle reves and decelerates on it own and sometime stalls out, I can drive the truck but must shift to neutral at stop signs and keep the rpm's high. Maybe bad injectors I did put a new fuel pump in the tank and new cap rotor wires plugs and coil. HELP! I am running out of ideas!

thanks
jason

garfield

December, 4, 2006 AT 1:39 PM

You may want to look at a couple of things. First connect a vacuum gage to see what your engines vacuum is, if you have low vacuum then you have a vacuum leak that needs to be tracked down. If you have good vacuum then check out the idle air control valve, you may be able to clean the valve and free it up or if that doesn't work you may look at replacing it. Good Luck.

Gary

evahle

November, 2, 2007 AT 2:40 AM

I've had the same problem on my 1995 Ram 1500 V6 3.9L. I would appreciate it if you'd let me know what the fix was. Thanks!

Evahle
: )

P.S. I've replaced the IAC already and the truck seems to use way too much fuel and gumming up the intake.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars