LOW IIDLE AND STALLING

Dodge Ram

goobs19

March, 18, 2007 AT 9:32 AM

I have a 1996 dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.9l w/ 135,000 mi. Just had the torque converter replaced, that fixed my transmission shutter problem. Since then the truck seems to be idleing at lower rpm. And it stalls occasionally. It stalls after you hit the throttle in grear, then let off quik, then it dies. Have any ideas? Im stumped. Thanks.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

miner49er

March, 18, 2007 AT 1:28 PM

1999 Dodge Durango 5.2 L 101000K miles. Check engine light came on and when I start from a stop (usually once the car is warm) then I lose power and feels like is it is going to stall but does not and a little jerking. I can punch the gas and that usually works. I have taken it into the shop and they looked over the transmission - flushed and put a new filter - put a new O2 sensor on it and still giving a bad code. I was told the main wire harness may need to be replace but they were able to find the wire from the O2 sensor that was giving a bad reading bypassed that. I am being told now that the PCM is at fault and will continue to mess with the O2 sensor, is this possible? Tny thougts woudl be nice.

THanks

2CarPros Ken

March, 18, 2007 AT 1:30 PM

It sounds like your IAC motor is slow to re-act. Try replacing it and get back to us. : D

goobs19

March, 19, 2007 AT 7:51 PM

" goobs19" thanks man replaced iac motor, all fixed now. Thanks again.

2CarPros Ken

March, 20, 2007 AT 10:57 AM

Way cool, thanks for visiting 2carpros. Com : D