1998 Dodge Ram fuel pump

DIRTBIKE1
  • 1998 DODGE RAM
Replaced fuel pump 6 months ago, truck ran fine for 3 months after. Parked one night in driveway, had ran fine all that day. Next mourning pump would not engauge with ignition and has not ran since. Put another pump in recently and no change. I have checked all fuses and relays, seem to all be good. Can hear a relay tick when key is on but not sure which, also once key is on for 15 seconds I get a ding and fuel light comes on dash at same time odometer will begin to flash. Followed wires throughout and see no bare or bad spots in loom. Test lighted wires had power to relay, power to relay junction(engine inline)on bottom or pronged side(when touching prong that leads to fuel pump relay it will tick. Any idea's, maybe a roll over reset button(can't find) or safety shut off. Does flashing odometer when fuel light comes on mean anything?
Sunday, May 17th, 2009 AT 1:46 PM

RACEFAN966
OK first off you need to check fuse number 9 in the fuse box inside the truck. Now if this is good then in the under hood fuse box there is a fuel pump relay and an auto shut down relay. I will need you to be able to check both. Now you will need to have a digital multi meter for this part. Let me know if you have one and I will walk you through the test to see what is or isn't going on. Thanks and get back to me.
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009 AT 9:46 AM