REMOVAL & INSTALLATION OF ALTERNATOR
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable (both on diesels).
2. Release tension and remove the drive belt.
3. Disconnect the wiring harness at the plastic connector.
4. Remove the output terminal nut(s) and disconnect the output cable.
5. (On diesel engines): loosen, but do NOT remove, the alternator bracket-to-engine bolt.
6. Remove alternator mounting bolts. Note any shims or spacers in the assembly.
7. Carefully remove the alternator from the engine.
1. Position the alternator on the engine. Be sure to install any shims or spacers.
2. Install the alternator mounting bolts and tighten to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm) for 2.5L and diesel engines, 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm) for others.
3. Connect the electrical harness. Connect the output cable and tighten the nut.
4. Install and the accessory drive belt and check tension.
5. Connect the negative battery cable.
6. Check the alternator for proper operation.
Or for better detailed instructions with diagrams you can go to the Autozone.com site enter your vehicle info and look at the How To manuals for free. Look under the Repair Inf, Vehical Repair Guide
Friday, October 3rd, 2008 AT 6:10 PM