A/C ONLY BLOWS OUT OF DEFROT

1997 Dodge Ram

hracek

March, 14, 2010 AT 9:30 PM

Air Conditioning problem
1997 Dodge Ram 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 44,000 miles

I have 2 problems that seem to happen at same time. The A/C only blows out of the defrost and when I tried to use 4 wheel drive the shift moved smoothly but 4 wheel drive didn't engage nor did the 4 wheel drive light come on. Are these two problems related if so where to start looking. THANKS

A/c 02 L 300

Ac Will Not Turn On!!!

Jacobandnickolas

March, 15, 2010 AT 10:23 PM

First, I think you may have two different vacuum leaks. First, the defroster vent is the default location when there is a problem. Check for vacuum leaks under the dash. WIth the engine running, you may get lucky and hear a hissing sound from the leak.

As far as the 4wd, can you put it in 4wd Lo? NOTE: I am trying to determine if there is a problem with the transfer case or front axle. If it goes in low lock, even if only the rear wheels have power, the transfer case is working. If that is the case, check for vacuum leaks to the front axle actuator.

Let me know what you find.

hracek

March, 16, 2010 AT 10:42 AM

Thanks for the information, I found two vacuum leaks one reaired the AC and other fixed front axle. Thanks for advice.

Jacobandnickolas

March, 16, 2010 AT 11:50 AM

I'm glad to have helped. Let us know if you have questions in the future and thank you for using 2carpros. Com

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe