03 AIR BAG LIGHT ON

2003 Dodge Ram

Ram0307

February, 28, 2007 AT 1:25 PM

I installed a new radio in my 03 Dodge Ram 1500. I turned the key on while the pass airbag switch was unpluged, now the airbag light is staying on, I had no problems before this. How do I clear the code? Or do I have to take the truck to a dealer and have it done?

M_H_RITZEL

March, 6, 2007 AT 2:56 PM

Lets cheat a little, disconnect the positve side of the battery. Let the car sit for about a hour. Re connect the battery. The air bag light should reset itself unless there is something else wrong I doubt
you have to remember that the computer will not completly reset until the vehicle had been driven about 50 miles. The reason that the computer does not reset itself right away is so it can do a diagnostic check on the vehicle. If the light comes back on then it would have to be scanned. Let me know
mike

Ram0307

March, 7, 2007 AT 8:21 AM

Well, I guess there is something wrong, maybe the switch or bulb is bad on the passenger side? I did notice that the off light is not coming on now. That was the only thing I disconnected. I will get it scanned. Thanks for the reply.