ABS and brake light and noise

DODGETRUCK12
  • 2007 DODGE RAM
How can I fix my abs and brake light going off?
Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 AT 4:25 AM

BUBBA70

This light is on because you could have a wheel speed sensor that is out due to one of the front hubs has gone bad but to be sure here is a video to show you how to get the codes to see which one it is.

https://youtu.be/rTtAnsOlZU4

Please run down this guide and report back.
Tuesday, February 1st, 2011 AT 2:40 AM
JEN_SWEENEY25
Thank you for this post I had this problem and had to get a new bearing hub cost me $154.00 it came with a new sensor thanks!
Tuesday, October 29th, 2019 AT 3:27 PM
JUSTME986
  • 2005 DODGE RAM
The ABS and Brake light came on while I was driving. I was trouble shooting on line and everyone seemed to say it was the rear wheel speed sensor. I bought one and had it installed; but that did not solve the problem. The lights have gone off a couple of times but come back on again. I disconnected the negative on the battery and turned the key on for 30 seconds then held the brake down for 30 seconds and put the cable back on the battery and started the truck but the lights are still on.(My cruise control is not working either). I checked the brake fluid and it is fine. The brakes are working fine. I am a 65 year old woman and can't afford an expensive repair bill. Thank you for any help or suggestions you may have. Someone said something about fuses or water in the module line? I am at a loss.
Tuesday, October 29th, 2019 AT 3:28 PM (Merged)
The only way to find out which is which sensor wise along with broken wires and other abs things is by a scanner which only a pro can fix. You also need the scanner to remove the codes so the light will go out and stay out until another problem crops up.
+1
OLIVER55
  • 2010 DODGE RAM
On my nway into work this morning my 2010 dodge truck kicked itself out of Cruise control and 4 warning lights came on. ABS warning light, SVC 4WD warning light, The picture of the truck with the squigly lines, and the ESP-BAS warning light. The truck will not let me use the cruise now but does not act/drive any different. Is it safe to drive home from Chicago? I live 113 miles away before I can get to my local delarship and what could cause this?
It could be one of several sensors. It should be safe. Have it checked ASAP since it is still under warranty.
SYSCOMAN
  • 2004 DODGE RAM
My abs and brake light came on at the same time and my speedometer started jumping around. All this happened while truck was in park. Checked fluid level and it is full. What would cause the lights and speedometer to do this and is it related to the same problem
Tuesday, October 29th, 2019 AT 3:29 PM (Merged)
It cold be teh same problem due to low voltage, so check your battery, most auto parts stores can do this. But if the battery is good it may be something else and at least you sould get eht abs system scanned to see if you have a broken wire or such.
SYSCOMAN
I had some corrosion on my negative terminal and I have replaced the battery, but I am still having the same issue. I was told to check all the grounds and look for loose connections. Haven't found any yet.
Have teh truck scanned to see what codes are there. Yo may have had something happen at the same time. Especially since you've changed your battery and still having the same problem. You might have a wire or sensor bad causing this. But cleaning the grounds is a good idea, especially to the computer.
STLDODGERAM04
  • 2004 DODGE RAM
The ABS and Brakes lights on my panel keep coming on. I was told about a year ago that I needed oxygen sensors could this be my problem? Or maybe a brake sensor? Help please!
Hi:
An O2 sensor wouldn't cause this. What to do is take it to a nationally recognized parts store and have them scan the computer. Many parts store will do it for free, and it will identify if the problem is a sensor.

Let me know what you find.

-1
JMORENSKI
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
I have a 2002 Dodge Ram Truck with about 160,000 miles on it. All of a sudden all of the lights on my dashboard went on, and the air conditioning stopped working. I checked all of the fuses, and already removed the computer as well as the terminals and cleaned out all the contacts. I still have a problem, and am unsure on what it is. Any ideas?
WRENCHTECH
This is a tough circuit to test. There are relays and modules built into the smart fuse box that cannot be accessed or serviced. You really need to factory scan tool here.
CHELSEAM112
  • 2001 DODGE RAM
My Brake light and ABS light came on at the same time, I checked my brake fluid and it was just about empty. I filled the fluid up but the lights are still on is there a bigger problem I need to worry about?
Have the abs unit scanned for codes to see what's wrong like a bad sensor/wire etc. You may have air in system.
MICHAEL DIVINE
  • 2001 DODGE RAM
My ABS & brake lights came on at the same time. I have been driving the truck a month and the brakes work fine. All four disc brake pads have been replaced 6 months ago. All the electrical breakers and break fluid is fine. Can you help me?
Chances are there is a bad brake sensor. Have you had the computer scanned? Most parts stores will do it for free.

Let me know what you find.
+1
MYZ92
It is your abs speed sensor in the rear axle. If your speedometer doesnt work till a certain speed and your odometer isnt working too, that is your problem its all connected
If you are having speedo problems, that could be the problem. You're not going to believe it, but I just went down my driveway and the same thing happened. However, my brake pedal went with it, so I know I blew a brake line. However, if your speedo is working properly, check the sensors.

+1

Sponsored links