ELECTRIAL PROBLEMS

Dodge

cumminsguy

August, 11, 2006 AT 6:31 PM

My interior lights, radio, buzzer, and rear view mirrors will not work. I have checked fuses as well as relays. Thanks

Mikeybdman

August, 11, 2006 AT 6:35 PM

Need make model year and type of engine.
Does the car run good?

cumminsguy

August, 11, 2006 AT 6:40 PM

Sorry bout that, guess it would be handy lol. Its a 1996 dodge ram with the cummins engine. It has run great, the problem happend when I was wiring in a police scanner to the fuse block, I saw a small spark on a small cylindrical piece of aluminum which has small copper wire inside. I found out it was a relay of some sort and have replaced it. After replacing it, everything still does not work.

Mikeybdman

August, 11, 2006 AT 6:49 PM

I hate to be a stickler for details, but I need to pull up the correct wiring diagram. I am looking at dodge trucks. I see 1500's 2500's 4x2/s 4x4's then I see 3.9L magnum's 5.2L 5.9L it just goes on and on. So be as specific as you can.

cumminsguy

August, 11, 2006 AT 6:52 PM

Its ok, I appreciate the quick reply. Its a 1996 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4, long wheel base, with a 5.9l diesel thanks

Mikeybdman

August, 11, 2006 AT 7:32 PM

Ok, I would look at the Fuse 1 50a fuse in the Power distribution Center. I believe that is under the hood and the only 50a fuse. That is the only thing I can find that ties in all the systrems you describe. If the fuse is good, then check and see if that wire got damaged.

98r/t_2007

September, 17, 2006 AT 2:04 PM

I have a question too. My car does the same thing no radio no rear view mirrors or interior dome light. I have a 98 dodge neon r/t dohc 5speed. Can you give me any help too?

cumminsguy

October, 2, 2006 AT 8:49 PM

After literally tearing the fuse box apart and spending and hour with an ohm meter I found out that was a 15 amp fuse in the fuse box labeled I.O.D, this fuse also was inside a wierd plastic thing that pulls out as a unit. Hope this helps

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue