BELT INSTALLATION

Dodge

Mac1073

May, 31, 2007 AT 4:11 PM

I have a 1992 Dodge W250 Pickup. It has 102,000 miles on it and has broken the serpentine belt. The engine has air conditioning unit. I am trying to connect a new belt, same type as the one that broke however I cannot get the belt over the altenator (too tight). The tension pully is in (forward) as far as it will go. What can I do? I can get it over the altenator if I release the altenator from the mount but when the belt is on the altenator cannot be returned to its location.

Changing Drivebelt

Need Infomation. .

1 ANSWER

junkymagi

June, 2, 2007 AT 6:21 AM

Make sure you have gotten the right belt. If you still have the old one, you can tape the ends back together and see if it's the same size as the new one.

The last thing you put the belt over is the tensioner, put the belt around all the other pulleys first, then pull in the tensioner with a wrench on it's center bolt and put the belt on the tensioner.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500