98, TIMING BELT SET UP..............HELP.

1998 Dodge Neon

ipardo

Hello, I want to introduce myself and also ask for assistance as my Dodge Neon is giving me problems, here's what happened:
While driving the water pump locked up(too old) and the timing belt came off and ripped.
I took the car appart, replaced the water pump, the belt and the engine motor mount, unfortunately the book (Chilton) says that you have to get a DRB tool and have the computer re-learn the crankshaft position other wise the timiong will be off and the car will not run, so what the car is doing is misfiring and not starting.
I have tried to get the tool and most auto parts can only offer a OBD tool that gives you the diagnostic but can not reset the computer.
Does anyone know how to set the timing or any tricks on what I can do?
This is frustrating as I did all the hard work so the dealer would not take a bite off my money, but now I am stuck with a dead car.

Any help will be appreaciated, I am in Illinois, (Chicago)

Tks.

Jack42

February, 7, 2006 AT 5:13 PM

If the Cam and Crank timing are lined up according to factory marks then it will run

boris

Hi, I got a 98 neon its a little over 185K haven't replaced the timing belt yet, do you have any idea when they need replacement?

Thanks,

Boris

Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler