DASH BOARD

2000 Dodge Neon

Ryan Turley

April, 20, 2006 AT 8:34 AM

My neon has 55000 miles on it. It always runs fine but when it is hot outside the dash board sometimes does not work. The speedometer and tachometer, temp gauge stay at the bottom. The engine, airbag, and another red circle light stay on. The car runs fine but I can't tell how fast i'm going. While i'm driving the dash will shift from working fine to not at all. I think something must be loose but I do not know where to look.

losone

April, 20, 2006 AT 9:10 AM

Remove the gauge/dash assy and clean the plig in connections with a fine pencil eraser.. It should work fine. A typical neon problem. Good luck

Ryan Turley

May, 3, 2006 AT 6:37 AM

I pulled the assembly out and cleaned connections but I am still having the same problem and other ideas.

losone

May, 3, 2006 AT 7:56 AM

Well, it was worth a try. As an off chance, find the gauge fuse and replace it even if it looks good. Look at the prongs and see if they are corroded.

The only next step is to replace the cluster from a salvage yard. It shouldn't cost more than $50.00. Good luck

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911