OIL LEAK

1998 Dodge Neon

Killa

March, 20, 2008 AT 11:24 AM

1998 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 148000 miles

Hi, I have a 1998 neon. When I got it it had a small oil leak. It just dripped here and there, would be fine between oil changes for about 4,000 miles. About 4 months back the water pump froze on me, causing the timing belt to go and 2 velvs. I had those replaced. They also replaced an oil sensor they said was causing my leak. I havent noticed no drips on the ground and I have been keeping a close eye on it. The underbody was always a little more oily than it should be. I have noticed that im running out of oil now. I havent seen any leakage, but have to fill it up about once a month now. The oil light doesnt even come on to show me that im low. I noticed when I changed my starter that I was almsot completely out of oil, but no oil light nor did it even show a sign of overheating. Could you guys throw me some ideas of what else could be causing this problem plz. Thx

Oil Leak From Engine

Service Writer

March, 20, 2008 AT 11:47 AM

Probably burning it. Get a look at the plugs for signs of oil burning. Make sure the pcv system is working and their hoses are not collapsed.

May be leaking internal from headgasket problem.

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor