Engine Performance problem
2001 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 175080 miles
1. Very close to every 10 seconds while idling in park engine drops down to 200 RPM, s for a second, and bangs back up to 1,500
2. If you are driving and on the accelerator, this behavior is displayed through a quick lurch. It feels like you are hitting a pothole. (Doesn't display issue while coasting)
3. At lights, etc, car does sometimes stalls completely
4. Happens regardless of AC being on/off
5. Engine light on and code P0601, problem with "Int control module mem check sum error"
6. Car recently did get Hot due to leaking water outlet (resolved thanks to this forum). Wondering if relay or ECM got toasted a bit (did save from excessive heat by firing up the Heat full blast).
7. Probably just ironic but started almost exactly after hitting 175,000 miles?
8. Car has been flawless in last 4 years before this.
Any ideas besides take it to a dealer. I have no idea who the dealer is (3rd owner) and I'm really worried about what else they'll whip up $$ wise. See Ebay has a bunch of new ECM's that can be programmed for you, but not sure this is false positive code, and would prefer not to start there unless smartest option.
have the same problem?
Wednesday, July 7th, 2010 AT 10:37 PM