2000 DODGE INTREPID TURN SIGNAL LIGHT TROUBLE

• sebastian_personal
  • 2000 Dodge Intrepid

2000 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 157, 00 miles

I have this dodge intrepid 2000. I don't seem able to figure out what is wrong with my turn signals.

When I turn my signals on (right or left), it signals for about 10 seconds and sometimes less, then it stops doin the turning signals, then I have to reset the signals back to normal and do it all over again and it works for about shorter time. I don't know what is wrong with it. I check all the light bulbs and they are all in good condition.

I also put it in emergency signal and it does the same result. It turns on only about short of period of time and it stops.

Please help me explain the answer of my question and what should I do to fixed it.

Friday, January 1st, 2010 AT 7:57 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

It sounds like the signal flasher is bad. One flasher runs the turn signals and hazard.

It's located in the front seating area, driver side, under left hand side of instrument panel between junction block and brake pedal. Here is a picture for you to look at, but you will have to enlarge it to see it.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249084_flasher_1.jpg

Let me know if you have other questions, and the part is cheap and you can get it at any parts store.

Saturday, January 2nd, 2010 AT 12:05 AM
  • sebastian_personal

Thank you soo much for the answer I need. My last question is, how much will it cost me and what is the name of the item again that I need to buy?

Saturday, January 2nd, 2010 AT 3:53 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

It's a turn signal flasher. It should be under 10 dollars.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Saturday, January 2nd, 2010 AT 2:46 PM
  • sebastian_personal

I would like to thank you for answering my question that I need to know. I haven't made an attemp of fixing it due to my schedule, but, i'll sure to asked you more question in the future.

sebastian

Saturday, January 2nd, 2010 AT 6:23 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Not a problem. It is really nice to help good people like yourself. Thank you for using 2carpros. Com, and feel free to ask any questions you have.

Saturday, January 2nd, 2010 AT 11:23 PM