IDLES LOW AND STALLS...

2000 Dodge Intrepid

Wilber

February, 20, 2006 AT 8:08 AM

I have a 2000 Dodge Intrepid with about 107,000 miles and when I am driving at low speeds (25-50 mph) the car is putting out about 1500 rpms but may shoot up to the normal 2000 rpm range. When driving on the highway the rpms are closer to 2200-2500rpm, driving 65-75mph. Most importantly, when slowing down to make a turn or at a stop, the car will once and a while stall. I am able to start the car after a couple turns, but have been making turns at a slow speed and lose my power steering and brakes. A little tough to navigate if there is an uncoming car!
Hope someone can help!
Thank you.

jpam

February, 22, 2006 AT 1:10 AM

Your rpm sounds about normal, as for the stalling when slowing up. The cheapest thing to start with is the fuel filter& with that milage it just might be. I had a car do the same thing when I had to stop quick it would stall. Can't explan it but thats the only thing I changed and it worked. Hopefully u can get this lucky too. If u got any? Replacing filter send reply. Good luck Jess S.

harley70

February, 27, 2006 AT 12:15 PM

EGR Valve?

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars