1998 Dodge Intrepid ES

LANA92178
  • 1998 DODGE INTREPID
My car is a 1998 dodge intrepid es with 172,000 miles on it when we have cold weather it will not start
Thursday, January 11th, 2007 AT 11:00 PM

SERVICE WRITER
How old is the battery?
Friday, January 12th, 2007 AT 3:32 AM
LANA92178
Ive had the car for five years it was bought used so I dont know. I did have the battery tested the shop said there was nothing wrong with it. They think its the computer brain and saying the memory card is bad and thats whats causing the problem. Does anyone know about this
Friday, January 12th, 2007 AT 1:20 PM
SERVICE WRITER
If you have had the car for 5 years and did not put a battery in it then you should regardless. Are they checking it when it doesn't start? The battery may be borderline and fails when cold, but recharges when warm.
Friday, January 12th, 2007 AT 1:27 PM
LANA92178
They said they checked the battery when it was cold
they said they have never seen a car do that thats why their convinced its the computer brain. But I dont understand everything else works fine with the car
Friday, January 12th, 2007 AT 1:59 PM
SERVICE WRITER
Do you smell raw fuel when it isn't starting from under the hood?
Friday, January 12th, 2007 AT 2:36 PM
LANA92178
Friday, January 12th, 2007 AT 4:13 PM
SERVICE WRITER
HAve the fuel rail checked. When it's cold the metal contracts and fuel eccapes. There is a saftey bulletin on potential fires with this. First contact the dealer service dept. HAve your vin ready. Tell them you think you may not have had a recall on the fuel rail performed. This should be at no charge.

It is certainly possible this is not the "magic bullet" But why not start with the possibility of free? And safe :wink:
Friday, January 12th, 2007 AT 4:19 PM