WHAT WILL CAUSE IT TO STALL AND NOT START BACK UP

1998 Dodge Intrepid

joshuasharp27

July, 7, 2012 AT 10:52 PM

Went to leave one moring and it started right up when to pull out and stalled I put it back in park and started it again but noticed the rpm gage wasnt work and it stalled again and now it wont start

caradiodoc

July, 7, 2012 AT 11:41 PM

Have you checked for diagnostic fault codes? Have you checked for spark and fuel pressure?

joshuasharp27

July, 7, 2012 AT 11:46 PM

It wont even crank over like the starter not engaging

caradiodoc

July, 8, 2012 AT 12:14 AM

Do you have a voltmeter or test light? We can do all the testing by breaking the system down into four parts, each with a test point in the starter relay socket under the hood.

joshuasharp27

July, 8, 2012 AT 12:42 AM

No sir I have not done that yet so I should pull the fuse under the hood and check its base with a test light and say that is it how would I and how much would it coast to get fix and one other thing is the 3.2 liter a good motor

caradiodoc

July, 8, 2012 AT 1:23 AM

The 3.2 is a fine engine.

From your descriptions, you have two different problems that are likely related. The place to start is by measuring the battery voltage with the engine off and with it running, if possible. You could have a charging system problem, and bad connection, or something as simple as a bad battery.

joshuasharp27

July, 8, 2012 AT 1:32 AM

Ok maybe this will help I put on a snap on jumper box and tired jumping it and the result was nothing it dont even make a click noise when turning the key on

caradiodoc

July, 8, 2012 AT 2:03 AM

Most likely a bad connection. One common place is where the smaller positive battery cable bolts to the under-hood fuse box.

joshuasharp27

July, 8, 2012 AT 2:08 AM

Ok I will check and the other place will be where sir and is that the only way to take the battery out is from the passanger side under the finder.

caradiodoc

July, 8, 2012 AT 2:24 AM

You can measure the battery voltage at the test points on the driver's side under the hood without removing the battery. For those with the battery under the fender, turn the tires to the right to provide room to access the plastic shield and remove it.

joshuasharp27

July, 8, 2012 AT 2:33 AM

Yeah mine is under the fender now do those motors jump time easy or no because all my lights and radieo work but my rpm gage doesnt work and it just wont start so I guess hopeful its the battery

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test