HARD STARTING

1994 Dodge Intrepid

shudderdwn

November, 25, 2006 AT 10:42 PM

I have a 1994 Dodge Intrepid 3.3L with 208,880 miles. Just in the last couple of weeks it has been very hard to start (extended crank time) it also has a strong gasoline smell, inside the car, outside the car and under the hood you can smell it. But after the car starts it runs and acts fine until you have to shut it off again. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks

shudderdwn

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

2CarPros Ken

November, 26, 2006 AT 3:28 PM

First lets look at the fuel pressure regulator, remove the vacuum line to the regulator, if there is fuel present the regulator is bad and needs replacing. Next lets check the fuel rail itself, sometimes the rail can split causing fuel to leak out. Be careful with fuel problems - fire danger. :

shudderdwn

November, 26, 2006 AT 4:19 PM

Appreciate the quick response and correct one by the way. The fuel pressure regulator was leaking fuel (very dangerous indeed) I am on my way to the parts store now to purchase. Thanks again for your quick and accurate response. You have earned my respect

shudderdwn

2CarPros Ken

November, 27, 2006 AT 10:53 AM

Sweet : D

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe