CAR WON'T START

1993 Dodge Dynasty

casper48*

August, 4, 2010 AT 9:20 PM

1993 Dodge Dynasty 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive UNKNOW miles

My car cranks the same and sounds the same but won't start. My battery is so so it run down if it sets for a day or two but it will charge up. I've tried changing the coil ignition and nothing. I change the middle coil wire and nothing. It just tries to start but won't. I'm trying to narrow down the problem.

August, 5, 2010 AT 5:03 AM

You have a short that's draining the battery overnite-No start do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test