BELT SQUEAL PROBLEM

1993 Dodge Dynasty

Tezterz

February, 25, 2008 AT 9:07 AM

1993 Dodge Dynasty 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 176000 miles

'93 Dodge Dynasty 3.3L Engine, AC, PS. Has a very bad and embarrasing belt squealing problem. Have replaced the belt, the automatic belt tensioner and idler pulley's twice. Even replaced the alternator. Nothing helps. That belt spray stuff you can buy just makes it squeal even worse! I had to wash that off before I went deaf. The power steering pump, ac compressor and water pump all turn very freely.

Had the exact same problem on a '91 Dyanasty with same size motor. Is there a design flaw or something with the set-up of the pulleys or something? At an low idle I can tell the squeal happens in relation to the belt. In other words the marking on the belt are in the same spot each time the belt squeals the loudest.

Is there something someone has come up with to solve this problem? That engine uses a K060980 Gates belt. Thinking of trying a K060975 which is 1 inch shorter if I can get it on there. I've been fighting this for 2 years. Help.

merlin2021

February, 25, 2008 AT 9:35 AM

There is a Tecnical service bulliten on your belt publish date is 12/14/92 but for some reason I can't access it, call local Chrysler dealer and ask service desk what it says, or have them print out a copy for you.

Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford