1999 Dodge Durango passanger side turn signal

ADAMD35
  • 1999 DODGE DURANGO
Passanger side turn signal works erratic. When the brakes are applied the passanger side turn signal blinks fast, also the back up lights come on on both sides but are dim.I switched the rear brake light assembly to see what happened and it done the same thing, but everything on the driver side works correct except for the back up light lighting up when the passanger side turn signal is on and the brakes are applied, I have changed several bulbs to see if that would help, nothing changed.I also made sure all the bulbs were correct
Saturday, September 18th, 2010 AT 10:03 PM

Usually, a fast flash indicates a burnt out bulb. However, when you mentioned the back up lights come on dim, that tells me there is a ground problem. What is happening is the ground for the signal is lost. Electric takes the easiest way out and in this case it finds a ground through the back up lights. Check for broken ground staps, broken or damaged wires.

Let me know what you find.
Friday, September 24th, 2010 AT 11:58 PM