Here is the info you requested.
CAUTION: After removing fan clutch assembly, DO NOT store fan clutch with rear of shaft pointing downward. Silicone fluid from fan clutch may drain into fan drive bearing, causing lubricant failure.
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Drain cooling system. Remove throttle cable at top of fan shroud. Unsnap coolant overflow tank from fan shroud and lay aside. DO NOT disconnect coolant hose.
2. Remove upper radiator hose. Using Fan Wrench (SP346) from Set (2017DSP), remove fan clutch assembly from water pump by turning nut counterclockwise as viewed from front. DO NOT remove fan clutch assembly at this time.
3. Remove fan shroud bolts and clips. Remove fan shroud and fan clutch assembly as a unit. Locate accessory drive belt tensioner, and rotate tensioner clockwise (counterclockwise on heavy-duty cycle engines) to release tension on accessory drive belt.
4. Note drive belt routing for installation reference. Belt must be correctly routed during installation, or engine will overheat due to water pump rotating in wrong direction.
5. Remove bolts and water pump pulley. Disconnect lower radiator hose and heater hoses. Remove coolant return tube from water pump. Remove bolts, water pump and gasket.
To install, reverse removal procedure using NEW gasket. Tighten bolts to specification. 30 foot pounds. Fill system with coolant. Ensure accessory drive belt is installed in original direction to ensure proper rotation of water pump.
Friday, February 20th, 2009 AT 4:39 PM