Pulled a P0748 code

CHRISSG1
  • DODGE DAKOTA
Ok I pulled p0748 code from my 97 dodge dakota has v6 and 155825 miles so I replaced all solenoids and pressure sensor still geting the same code I can shift but only manually overdrive wont engadge I think o/d is computer controled also acts like it has bad gas but not all the time also I here a relay clicking on or off now and then where the fuse panel in the cab but I thought the trans relay is under the hood witch I checked that also by switching it out with one of the others on the same fuse panel
its driving me crazy so I called dodge dealer to put on there computer and they say with as many miles I have I need a new transmission with as much smarts I have I think its not mechanical its computer controled I think its not geting a signal from pcm to trans also does dealer computer pull and dig deeper than my actron hand held scaner can any one help me thanks
Saturday, April 21st, 2007 AT 9:38 AM

MATTKC16
I had a very similar problem. My dakota '02 will run fine for about 15minutes until I get the transmission heated up, then it will stick in third gear. I can shift manually, but not in auto. So I took it to the dealer, replaced a relay (which didnt work), and the service manager is now recommending replacing the PCM. Does anyone think that is a good idea, or worth while?
Thursday, April 26th, 2007 AT 6:44 PM
CHRISSG1
Thanks for any help and all help wish you good luck with your problem
Thursday, April 26th, 2007 AT 9:21 PM