P0748

LRWARCHILD
  • DODGE DAKOTA
Hello, I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota truck with 103,000 miles. It has a check engine code of P0748. It says short in the governor pressure control. Nobody seems to know what this means. Can you help?
Saturday, May 19th, 2007 AT 11:11 PM

I would recommend a check on the vehicle speed sensor it takes the place of the governor in a conventional hydraulically controlled tranny.

Further the computer uses this signal to control shift points and the operation of the lock-up clutch
Sunday, May 20th, 2007 AT 2:41 AM
LRWARCHILD

Further the computer uses this signal to control shift points and the operation of the lock-up clutch[/quote:a1e346cfb0]

Thanks of the fast reply. Is the speed sensor on the top of the rear differential?
-1
Sunday, May 20th, 2007 AT 5:57 PM

Further the computer uses this signal to control shift points and the operation of the lock-up clutch[/quote:66282c4ca4]

Thanks of the fast reply. Is the speed sensor on the top of the rear differential?[/Quote:66282c4ca4]

Should be at the tail shaft of the tranny.
Sunday, May 20th, 2007 AT 7:01 PM
LRWARCHILD
Ok so I went ahead and replaced the speed sensor. That didn't fix the problem. My code is still there, and my power loss is still significant. It's still got no take-off. Once you hit a freeway speed, it's got pretty good pick-up, but it's like it doesn't have a passing gear. I did disconnect the battery after changing it to reset the system. Oddley, enough, it got rid of all my other codes (0132, 0420, 0442, 0456). However, P 0748 is still there. Thanks ras, for following up with me.
Sunday, May 20th, 2007 AT 8:59 PM