4 WHEEL DRIVE HIGH IS NOT WORKING, BUT 4

2001 Dodge Dakota

nate3131us

March, 8, 2010 AT 9:51 AM

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2001 Dodge Dakota V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual 120, 00 miles

I was driving in the mountains in 4 wheel drive when all of the sudden I was in two wheel drive and no longer had 4 wheel. Pulled over and checked 4 low which seems to be working ok. However it will not engage in 4 wheel drive. How do I fix this? What do you think is the problem. If I take it to a mechanic to get it fixed how much will it probably cost me?

Jacobandnickolas

March, 8, 2010 AT 5:23 PM

If 4wd lo works, the front axle is working. Is this an electric shift 4wd or does it have the shifter on the floor?

Let me knos.

nate3131us

March, 9, 2010 AT 9:46 AM

The shifter is electric, the shifter is not on the floor. I have been driving in lots of mud up here in parachute CO. Would that have anything to do with the electric shifter to not function right?

Jacobandnickolas

March, 9, 2010 AT 10:09 PM

What I need you to check is the connection / plug to the 4wd actuator on the transfer case. Make sure it is tight, clean, making a good connection, and it is getting power when you shift to 4wd hi.

Let me know.

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
CV Axle Replacement
Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Wheel Bearing Replacement