1999 Dodge Dakota no heat blows

PB2010
  • 1999 DODGE DAKOTA
My 1999 dodge dakota had a new heater core put in it and new therm but whem temp control knob is turned to heat airflow drops to almost nothing and what does come out isnt hot, I hear a door moving back and forth but wonder if there is 2 doors that the cable operates and do I have to take heater core housing out to fix.
Saturday, February 13th, 2010 AT 4:52 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi pb2010,

Thank you for the donation.

Seems the cable is out of adjustment. Heater core need not be removed for adjusting the cable.

Here are the procedures.

ADJUSTMENTS

TEMPERATURE CONTROL CABLE

1. Ensure temperature control cable housing and core are connected at both heater control panel and heater assembly. Ensure heater control panel is properly installed.

2. Rotate temperature control knob so that knob pointer is at 12 o'clock position. Pull temperature control knob straight out from heater control panel until perimeter of knob (not knob pointer) protrudes about.25" (6 mm) from face of heater control panel.

3. Rotate temperature control knob clockwise so that knob pointer is at one o'clock position. Push in on knob slightly and continue rotating knob to its full clockwise stop. Place knob pointer at a position about.32" (8 mm) beyond end of Red stripe. Release knob. If knob is pointing at about.32" (8 mm) beyond end of Red stripe, go to next step. If knob is not pointing at about.32" (8 mm) beyond end of Red stripe, go back to step 2 and repeat
adjustment procedure.

4. Rotate temperature control knob counterclockwise so that knob pointer is at 12 o'clock position. Push temperature control knob straight into heater control panel until perimeter of knob (not knob pointer) is flush with base of heater control panel.

5. Rotate temperature control knob to its full clockwise stop. Release knob. Knob pointer should be aimed at end of Red stripe. If knob is pointed at end of Red stripe, go to next step. If knob is not pointed at end of Red stripe, go back to step 2 and repeat adjustment procedure.

6. Rotate temperature control knob to its full counterclockwise stop. Release knob. If knob springs back, self-adjuster clip securing temperature control cable to blend-air door lever is improperly installed. See TEMPERATURE CONTROL CABLE under REMOVAL & INSTALLATION. If knob does not springs back, temperature control cable adjustment is
complete.
Sunday, February 14th, 2010 AT 5:16 AM