CAN'T STOP THE SHAKING! SPENT OVER $4,000 STILL THERE

2000 Dodge Caravan

computerpulse

November, 16, 2006 AT 7:06 PM

I am at a complete loss now. 1990 Dodge Grand Caravan 198000 miles. Replaced the motor mounts, replaced the full axles, replaced the struts, rebuilt transmission, new tires and rims, new brakes. Everyone blames everyone else! I don't know what to do. Here is the problem: when you hit the gas the van shakes, let off the gas and coasts fine. Any ideas?

Bruce Hunt

November, 17, 2006 AT 8:59 AM

How about the simple stuff. Plug wires can fail, air cleaner filter can plug to force the engine to shake. There are other things to check but the simple ones are where you should start.

1bigg1

November, 17, 2006 AT 10:18 PM

Is it motor or suspension?

computerpulse

November, 19, 2006 AT 12:10 PM

1990 Dodge Grand Caravan, 3.3 L FWD,

It is not a shaking like the motor. Idles fine and smooth. It's just when you apply the gas. To me it acts like maybe the axle is not square or a little bent. But after 3 axles and motor mounts I am not sure. Just put on all new tires and wheels. Smoothed out some but still there.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper