2005 DODGE CARAVAN A/C - WATER LEAKS UNDER PASSENGER SIDE C

• Rly423
  • 2005 DODGE CARAVAN

Air Conditioning problem
2005 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 69000 miles

Water leaks Under Passenger Side Carpet. I would like to know how to repair this and approximately what it would cost to have it repaired.

Friday, July 4th, 2008 AT 11:53 AM

• SWilliams

The repair and cost depends on where the water is coming from. Does it get wet when it rains with the vehicle setting still? Does it get wet only when you run the A/C or does it get wet when you hit a puddle? All are different problems and have different repairs.

Saturday, July 5th, 2008 AT 11:00 AM
  • Rly423

The leak is from the AC. Someone has put tape around the AC compartment where it is leaking. It leaks just enough to keep the carpet and floor board wet.

Sunday, July 6th, 2008 AT 9:23 AM
  • SWilliams

Sounds like the A/C drain hose is blocked or damaged. The condensation should drain into the case and then out the hose. However if the case has been taken apart and the seal damaged the water may be weeping through the seam. I would remove the tape and see what is there. Then run a wire or stick up through the drain hose to clear it out.

Monday, July 7th, 2008 AT 5:06 PM