2002 DODGE CARAVAN TURN SIGNAL FLASHER LOCATION

• KennS
  • 2002 Dodge Caravan

2002 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60,000 miles

Where is turn signal flasher location on my 2002 Caravan Sport? Are there any photos of what it looks like. They tell me it's under the dash by the steering column, but I cannot locate. -KS

Tuesday, April 6th, 2010 AT 8:02 AM

• ch112063

You won't find a flasher like your used to. The turn signal relays are behind the left rear quarter trim panel. All the fuses are in the front power center called an intelligent integrated control module, the combination(turn signal switch) only signals the body control module(BCM). It operates the lamps on the dash and it relays the front module, this controls the relays behind the quarter panel trim. Actually it's a little better than 2001. Test the fuses. What is wrong? Are any bulbs out?

-3
Tuesday, April 6th, 2010 AT 9:16 PM
  • KennS

I am installing LED lights in my van but need a specific flasher (heavy duty?) Or turns signals will blink out of control and very fast.

+1
Wednesday, April 7th, 2010 AT 5:54 AM
  • ch112063

Why don't you try removing the wires from the relays in the rear behind the left rear quarter panel to wire them in there, if you need specific wiring information just let me know, ok?

Wednesday, April 7th, 2010 AT 8:39 PM
  • KennS

Do you mean at the rear of the vehicle on the left side, by the car jack assembly?

-KS

+1
Thursday, April 8th, 2010 AT 7:41 AM
  • ch112063

Left as if you were driving. That's how all the parts of a car are done. As if you were in the drivers seat. Take off the panel and let me know if you need to know the color of the wire or something. Don't feel shy, I don't mind helping you my friend. There probably is an access panel. They never go bad.

Thursday, April 8th, 2010 AT 8:22 PM
  • KennS

All I have to do is identify the pin or 'blade' pattern of the existing flasher, then I can order the "special" flasher from the LED manufacturer.

-KS

Friday, April 9th, 2010 AT 5:22 AM
  • ch112063

On a 2002 Caravan, your wanting to add LED lights to the turn/signals only. Each one(bulb filament has a ground circuit already completed. And switching your stalk signals the BCM. It has 4 wires going to the system, one wire for each gets voltage straight to all four signals two at a time, so the flasher is built into the BCM in later model caravans. The BCM is connector the place nearest the flasher, since it is internal, the 4 white wires going to each of the four bulbs. It helps to keep any one burned out bulb from taking any lights on that side out. If a bulb burns out, it's safer. I don't think you need the transformer that came with the lights because of the system, however what it may do to the software equations is new tro me. If you need the tracer colors for each wire let me know and if you want to send me a copy of the instructions, I'll take a look and tell you the best place to mount it. OK

+1
Saturday, April 10th, 2010 AT 6:27 PM
  • KennS

Seems like a pain in the butt just to change a stinking turn signal flasher. I'm old school and it used to be a simple matter to change one, but E-mail me the instructions you mentioned either a. Pdf or. Doc file. I'll give it a try.

-KS

Sunday, April 11th, 2010 AT 6:44 AM
  • ch112063

That is the only spot where all 4 are closest to the internal flasher. Wire each led, to eack bulb. Back and front, try one to see if it effects the speed of the flasher, I can give you the wire colors but they are the same 4 white wires that go to the four filaments. White wires with tracer colors l/front wht/lt. Grn, l/rear is white/dark green. Right front is wht/tan and rt/rear is wht/brown.

Sunday, April 11th, 2010 AT 7:32 PM