2001 Dodge Caravan Blower Motor Speed Resister Failing

EVERCAMEN
  • 2001 DODGE CARAVAN
My AC/Heater control will only work on high speed. I have replaced the Blower Motor Speed Resister which corrects the problem. The new resister allows the blower to operate in all speeds.

But, the new Resister only lasts 2-3 weeks before it goes bad. I've relaced it 3 times in two months. Any idea why the Resister would keep failing?
Friday, February 1st, 2008 AT 8:51 PM

BMRFIXIT
Have you checked the wiring and plug
also check if the motor pulling to must current
check the air flow around the resister
Saturday, February 2nd, 2008 AT 10:14 PM
EVERCAMEN
The plug and wiring appear to be good. No knicks or cuts. I believe I will replace the blower motor. I had someone tell me that it could be pulling too much current on the lower speeds. And, tonight, I found a reply to this problem in the Town and County forum. The responder indicated that if after replacing the resister, it fails again, the blower is bad. Thank you for your reponse.
Sunday, February 3rd, 2008 AT 1:04 AM
BMRFIXIT
Please let us know who it goes after the motor
Sunday, February 3rd, 2008 AT 8:48 AM
PCOS_US
Don't forget to replace/remove the in-cabin air filter. I first replaced the resister and it burned up in a few weeks. If the in-cabin air filter is clogged it keeps the air from freely flowing over the resistor and it will burn up repeatedly. The filter will drop out of a hatch below the glove box. I simple removed it and did not replace it.
Sunday, May 25th, 2008 AT 3:56 PM