1. Raise and support vehicle. Disconnect exhaust pipe from rear exhaust manifold flange. Disconnect EGR tube from rear exhaust manifold. Disconnect O2 sensor wiring.
2. Remove alternator assembly support brace at front of exhaust manifold. Remove crossover pipe mounting bolts. Remove retaining bolts and rear exhaust manifold.
3. Lower vehicle. Remove heat shield-to-front exhaust manifold bolts. Disconnect crossover pipe at front exhaust manifold. Remove retaining bolts and front exhaust manifold.
1. Release fuel pressure. Disconnect negative battery cable. Drain cooling system. Remove air cleaner-to-throttle body hose.
2. Disconnect control cables and linkages at throttle body. Disconnect Automatic Idle Speed (AIS) motor and Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) wiring harness connectors at throttle body. Remove vacuum hoses from throttle body and intake manifold.
3. Disconnect vacuum hoses and EGR tube flange from air intake plenum (upper intake manifold). Disconnect wiring connectors at charge temperature sensor, MAP sensor and O2 sensor heater. Remove cylinder head-to-air intake plenum support brace.
4. Wrap shop towel around fuel lines. Remove fuel lines from fuel rail by pushing inward on plastic ring, located at end of fuel line fitting, and pulling fuel line from fitting.
5. Remove ignition coils and alternator bracket from air intake plenum. Remove air intake plenum bolts. Rotate air intake plenum back over valve cover. Cover intake manifold ports with shop towels.
6. Disconnect vacuum hose at pressure regulator. Disconnect fuel injector wiring harness from engine wiring harness. Disconnect necessary sensor wiring connectors, near fuel rail and intake manifold.
7. Remove fuel rail retaining bolts and fuel rail along with fuel injectors. Disconnect coolant hoses at intake manifold. Remove intake manifold retaining bolts in sequence. Remove intake manifold. Remove intake manifold gasket end seal retaining screws, and remove gasket.
1. Remove intake manifold and exhaust manifold. Disconnect necessary wiring and coolant hoses.
2. Remove rocker arm assembly.
Mark push rod location for reassembly reference.
Remove push rods.
Remove cylinder head bolts in sequence.
Remove cylinder head.
Monday, February 16th, 2009 AT 7:47 PM