THICK BLUE SMOKE

1992 Dodge Caravan

bigmark

March, 3, 2008 AT 4:08 PM

1992 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

I have thick blue smoke coming from my tailpipe.I seems to only happen when Im going 50mph or faster. When I stoped to take alook at it, it had black looking water coming out of the tailpipe but when I got home it stoped leaking out of the tailpipe, I left the car runniing for alittle bite but still no more leaking. Can you tell me whats wrong with my van. The oil looks fine alittl dark but thats all. Chould it be that I put to much oil in it?I radiator is fine no foam, clean and full.

Blue Smoke

Blue Smoke

merlin2021

March, 3, 2008 AT 4:11 PM

You might want to compression test this motor. Blue smoke denotes oil burning. Does not have to be a lot of oil, monitor the level over 1000 miles, any drop in the level?

bigmark

March, 3, 2008 AT 4:23 PM

How would I know if it was and with the van smokeing a little when I go over 50 is it safe for me to drive

merlin2021

March, 3, 2008 AT 4:56 PM

You will know by checking the DIPSTICK! If you say it only happens over 50 mph, and are now affraid to drive it, go 500 miles and recheck, when I had an oil burner I checked it at ever fillup. Whatever makes you comfotable! Just keep an " EYE" on the oil level!
It's no less safe than it was today!

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator