HEADLIGHT ISSUE.

2007 Dodge Caliber

jallenatkins

March, 4, 2010 AT 12:18 PM

2007 Dodge Caliber 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 72000 miles

A week or so ago I noticed that I had a headlight out. Like every other DIY'er, I changed it myself. After I changed it, it didn't have a functional low beam, but the high beam worked. Here's what I've done already:

-Changed the bulb.
-Changed the bulb again.
-Changed out all fuses that are remotely associated with my headlights.
-Changed out the socket that the bulb plugs into (Clipped wires and everything.).
-Changed the bulb again.

I know the first thing that comes to mind is that maybe I touched the bulb with my hands. Please rest assured that has not happened.

The other headlight works just fine, both high and low beam. Help?

Thanks!

John

sarah82

March, 8, 2010 AT 7:56 PM

I have the same issue and have done the same things you have done. I called the dealership and they want $100.00 just to find out the issue. If you find out any info please let me know also. Thank you!

jallenatkins

March, 8, 2010 AT 11:24 PM

I'm not very good with automotive terminology, so I can't be much help here. I did go to my local dealer to have it looked at. They wanted me to pay a $98 diagnostic fee, but I'm up against a trip out of state, so I didn't have much time to shop around.

To make a long story short, I paid the fee, and someone computer related was reset. Everything works like it should now. In my specific case, the problem wasn't something I could have predicted or fixed on my own.

It isn't ideal, but unless you know someone who can access the computer, you may have to bite the bullet on this one.

. Though I hope you don't. Good luck!

sarah82

April, 20, 2010 AT 4:25 PM

Thanks so much.

Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini