If the security light goes off you are okay and the security system, so you did check to see if the rotor was spinning when the engine is cranked, correct? How does the engine sound when you are cranking it, normal? Also, does the engine have a spark? Will it run on starting fluid? I would unplug the MAF sensor because if it is not working it will tell the computer no air is entering the engine and turn the fuel off. If the crankshaft sensor is bad, it will not trigger a code. Here is the location so you can check it out in the diagrams below:
MPORTANT: For additional diagnostic information, refer to DTC P1336.
1. Install a scan tool.
2. With a scan tool, monitor the powertrain control module (PCM) for diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). If other DTCs are set, except DTC P1336, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List for the applicable DTC that set.
3. With a scan tool, select the crankshaft position (CKP) variation learn procedure.
4. Observe the fuel cut-OFF for the engine that you are performing the learn procedure on.
5. The scan tool instructs you to perform the following:
Block the drive wheels.
Apply the vehicles parking brake.
Cycle the ignition from OFF to ON.
Apply and hold the brake pedal.
Start and idle the engine.
Turn OFF the A/C.
Place the vehicles transmission in Park (A/T) or Neutral (M/T).
The scan tool monitors certain component signals to determine if all the conditions are met to continue with the procedure. The scan tool only displays the condition that inhibits the procedure. The scan tool monitors the following components:
- CKP sensor activity - If there is a CKP sensor condition, refer to the applicable DTCs that set.
- Camshaft position (CMP) sensor activity - If there is a CMP sensor condition, refer to the applicable DTCs that set.
- Engine coolant temperature (ECT) - if the ECT is not warm enough, idle the engine until the ECT reaches the correct temperature.
6. With the scan tool, enable the CKP system variation learn procedure.
IMPORTANT: While the learn procedure is in progress, release the throttle immediately when the engine starts to decelerate. The engine control is returned to the operator and the engine responds to throttle position (TP) after the learn procedure is complete.
7. Slowly increase the engine speed to the RPM that you observed.
8. Immediately release the throttle when fuel cut-OFF is reached.
9. The scan tool displays Learn Status: Learned this ignition. If the scan tool does NOT display this message and no additional DTCs set, refer to Symptoms - Engine. If a DTC set, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List for the applicable DTC that set.
10. Turn OFF the ignition for 30 seconds after the learn procedure is completed successfully.
Can you please shoot a quick video with your phone so I can hear the engine crank over? That way I can tell for sure what's going on. You can upload it here with your response.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, July 30th, 2022 AT 12:48 PM