What is the fuel pressure? It sounds like a fuel delivery problem from low fuel pressure.
1. Remove the negative battery cable.
2. Relieve the fuel system pressure. Refer to Fuel Pressure Relief Procedure. See: Fuel Delivery and Air Induction > Procedures
3. Raise the vehicle.
4. Remove the fuel tank. Refer to Fuel Tank Assembly. See: Fuel Tank > Procedures
5. Remove the fuel sender unit assembly by turning the cam lock counterclockwise using tool J 39765.
6. Disconnect the fuel pump from the sender assembly.
- Pull the fuel pump up into the attaching hose while pulling outward from the bottom support.
- Do Not damage the rubber insulator or the strainer.
7. Inspect the fuel pump attaching hose for signs of deterioration.
8. Inspect the rubber sound insulation at the bottom of the pump.
9. Inspect the strainer.
1. Connect the fuel pump assembly into the attaching hose.
2. Install the fuel sender assembly into the fuel tank. Insert a new O-ring seal.
3. Install the cam lock assembly. Turn the cam lock clockwise to lock it.
4. Install the fuel tank. Refer to Fuel Tank Assembly. See: Fuel Tank > Procedures
5. Add fuel removed from the tank.
6. Check for fuel leaks.
6.1. Turn the ignition ON for 2 seconds.
6.2. Turn OFF the ignition for 10 seconds.
6.3. Again, turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
6.4. Check for fuel leaks.
Wednesday, May 15th, 2019 AT 6:30 AM