Coolant change

GLENEPOTTERJR
  • 2016 FORD F-150
You-Tubed changing the coolant with a full flush and only got about a gallon to drain into the catch bucket. Do I have to pull the drain plug from the engine block to make sure of a full purge? And if so, how to I get too it? Does all the sound trim underneath have to come off? I had to put the front end up on ramps to get my petite body underneath to get to the drain plug, but the drain plug would still be the low spot even if it's up less than a foot. Thanks, Chilton is not very forthcoming on how to get this done.
Saturday, August 10th, 2019 AT 10:09 AM

SCGRANTURISMO

That is only 1/3 of the coolant capacity of your vehicle. In the diagrams down below I have included the coolant and capacities for your vehicle as well as the instructions for flushing your cooling system from the vehicle manufacturer. Please go through this guide and get back to us with how everything turns out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Sunday, August 11th, 2019 AT 4:17 AM